Health and Wellness Banner
Health and Wellness logos
Ever heard of forest-bathing? Using Landsat, scientists have found links between time spent in green spaces and our health.
 
Landsat’s data archive gives us insights about how our environment has changed. Today, Landsat’s nearly 50 years of imagery can help health researchers see how the landscape has changed, and better understand what health impacts those changes may have brought.
TIME-lapse TRAVEL
The Three Gorges Dam is designed to generate power and control flooding along the Yangtze river. Not only did it reduce the threat of floods for 15 million people, it improved their health. Cases of a water-borne disease decreased by over 90% in the middle and lower reaches of the River.
satellite image of Bolivian deforestation
Did You Know?
Landsat helps scientists find mosquito hot spots from space.
mosquito graphic
 
Green, Blue & a Healthy You
By providing place-based information about environmental changes, land cover patterns, and water quality, Landsat helps keep us healthy!
agriculture satellite image with collage
Landsat 8
2013
Landsat 8 sensors are
better equipped to detect
algal blooms.
satellite circle background image
 
Try This!
Learn how to use GLOBE Observer to take Mosquito Habitat Mapper observations in your own community! Check out GLOBE’s Mosquito Mapper
Mosquito Mapper
 
Exercise your brain with this Landsat Memory Game
 
 
Lands of Landsat game board
 
Get Crafty!
Create your own Landsat inspired craft and share with #LandsatCraft.
 
 
 
Quilt Inspired by greenspaces seen from space
 
Parks in NYC
Quilt Inspired by greenspaces seen from space. Beth is a fabric & paper crafter living in NYC. She enjoys thinking about her relationship to an environment by interpreting it in a tactile way.
Quilt Inspired by greenspaces seen from space
Credit: Beth DuBon, she/her, @befwithanf
Postcard from Camp
Collect all nine postcards from Camp Landsat starting with Week 8: Health & Wellness The front of this postcard features a natural-color image of a phytoplankton bloom in the Baltic Sea, acquired August 15, 2020.
Health Postcard image
 
Fresh water
Did you know that only 2.5 percent of the water on Earth is fresh? The rest – a whopping 97.5 percent – is salty and undrinkable. Find out how Landsat helps manage these fresh water sources that the seven billion people on the planet (not to mention the bears, birds, bullfrogs, and bugs) rely on. Fresh water on planet Earth.
Fresh Water image
Camp Landsat banner