Join us in celebrating Landsat’s 50th year by creating and sharing your Landsat collage.
The Landsat series of satellites has been collecting visually stunning and scientifically valuable images of Earth since 1972. While Landsat data have played a critical role in the study of our land resources, images from these data have provided some of the most beautiful and unique views of our planet.
From folded red mountain ridges, yellow dunes dotted with brilliant pools of blue water, and swirling clouds of blue-green phytoplankton, these images reveal a hidden world of color, textures, patterns, and movement.
Download the PDF
1. Download and print collage paper
2. Create and ft
Get inspired by nature, your pets, your family, or anything in the world around you. Trace shapes on the back of the paper and cut. Then arrange and paste your collage masterpiece into a picture frame.
3. Share Your Collage with #CampLandsat
After you have finished creating your Landsat collage, take a picture and upload it to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Make sure you use the hashtag #CampLandsat to share with us.
If a collage post catches our eye, we may share your work on our @NASA_Landsat social media accounts and on Camp Landsat. You can follow @NASA_Landsat on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for submission updates and featured collages throughout the summer.
Landsat Collage Terms and Conditions
When submitting your image(s) to the #CampLandsat campaign, you do confirm to NASA that:
- The artwork was produced by you (i.e. your original work)
- The contents of the artwork do not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party
- No inappropriate content
- You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13.
- In the event any individual is featured in the artwork, you represent and warrant that such individual agrees that NASA may use such individual’s name and likeness in connection with NASA’s use of the image hereunder.
Your artwork must comply with the terms of service for social media sites such as the following:
By participating in the campaign, participants grant the U.S. government a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to reproduce, display and distribute entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other governmental purposes, and to have or permit others to do so on the government’s behalf. NASA will use reasonable efforts to mark any artwork reproduced by NASA with credit as feasible. NASA will not be required to seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
Be advised that social media posts and websites that specifically list prices or “click here to purchase” wording cannot be shared by government accounts.