Landsat 9 Launch Party kit
- Science Instruments: OLI-2; TIRS-2
- OLI-2 build: Ball Aerospace & Technology Corp.
- TIRS-2 build: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Design Life: 5 years
- Spacecraft Provider:Northrop Grumman
- Image Data: > 700 scenes per day
- Launch Date: Sept. 27, 2021
- Launch Vehicle: United Launch Alliance Atlas V 401
- Orbit: near-polar, sun-synchronous at an altitude of 438 miles (705 km)
- Orbital Inclination: 98.2˚
- Spacecraft Speed: 16,760 mi/hr (26,972 km/hr),
- Consumables: 10 years
Landsat 9 is the next observatory in the Landsat program, a ~50-year effort to monitor changes to Earth’s surface. Targeted to launch in Sept. 2021, Landsat 9 will continuously capture images of Earth as it orbits, beaming back data on natural and human-made changes to our planet.
Landsat 9: From Earth to Orbit
Get a sneak peek at Landsat 9! Visit stops in the US where the Landsat 9 observatory is being built. Find out about the parts of the observatory, see pictures of the work in progress, and meet some of the people behind the scenes.
Landsat 9 Poster
Share the excitement of the Landsat 9 mission with this 18 in. x 12 in. poster. Learn about infrared and visible pictures with a fun activity for students.
Landsat 9 Activity Book
Learn about the Landsat mission through mazes, wordsearch and other fun activities.
Landsat 9 Virtual Meeting Backgrounds
Show your enthusiasm for Landsat 9 with an exciting selection of virtual meeting backgrounds:
Landsat 9 Collectors’ Cards
Take home some of the incredible Landsat images with our collectors’ cards. Each pair of 3.5 in. x 8 in. cards covers a different theme, from oceans to urban landscapes.
Available card sets for download:
|Ocean and Seas||Glaciers and Ice||Land|
Landsat 9 Scale Model
Build your own 1/48th scale model of the Landsat 9 satellite.